BOSSREG - Number One For Number Plates

Are there any restrictions to the transfer of a number with a year letter?

You cannot make a vehicle look newer than it actually is by transferring a younger year letter. For example JON 123W cannot be transferred to a vehicle originally registered as ABC 123C as this would make it look younger. However, it is possible to transfer it to JON 123X as the recipient vehicle would be newer than the donor registration. The same applies to prefix and current style plates but vehicle registration numbers that do not contain a year identifier may be assigned to a vehicle of any age.